There are a lot of ways to pickle tomatoes for the winter. The experiments of the housewives who are most interested in this issue do not leave indifferent members of their families, relatives and friends, offering pickled tomatoes with cinnamon as a result. In addition, cooking options are a guarantee that the same dish will not get bored, but every time it will appear in a new light before the household. Shades of taste will allow pickled tomatoes to remain a favorite dish on the home table.
An important component of the recipe for tomatoes with cinnamon for the winter is the spice present in the composition, which gives the tomatoes a delicate taste and bright aroma. Salting a tomato using a similar method takes a minimum of time from the hostess.
The benefits of cinnamon
Cinnamon itself is a spice, which is the bark of a cinnamon tree wrapped in a small tube. Its main feature is a bittersweet, spicy taste. Ground spice is more convenient to use, but it is often counterfeited by replacing it with a powder of a similar color and consistency. This means that it will be more correct to acquire cinnamon in the form of sticks, which are crushed immediately before adding to the dish.
If we preserve, then the sticks are not very convenient, because the amount of spice is calculated in tablespoons. It is very difficult to grate the tough bark in such an amount, so you need to pay attention to a bag of cinnamon or purchase products from trusted manufacturers.
Cinnamon sticks can be added as a whole to various dishes: casseroles and puddings, wine and liqueurs, syrups and cereals, hot chocolate and sauces. In the East, it is customary to use fragrant sticks even in soups, lamb and poultry dishes, pork, because cinnamon can ennoble the taste of fatty meat.
Dairy dishes go well with cinnamon. It is added to pancakes, milk porridge, pancakes. Fish and cinnamon dishes taste great. Baking is unthinkable without her: muffins, biscuits, cakes, gingerbread cookies, muffins and pies.
It is appropriate to use this spice in the process of cooking canned vegetables. Cucumbers and mushrooms, lingonberries and cranberries, salted watermelons and tomatoes are sweet - the taste of all products will be emphasized and shaded.
It is necessary to add cinnamon to hot dishes about 7 minutes before the end of cooking. If the spice is subjected to prolonged heat treatment, it can acquire a bitterness that spoils the taste of the main dish. When it comes to cold desserts, the addition is recommended at the time of serving or shortly before.
Ingredients for pickling cinnamon tomatoes
To cook tomatoes for the winter, you should have:
- cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l. vinegar essence;
- four mint leaves;
- 1 leaf of lavrushka;
- 4 peas of black pepper and 6 - 8 - allspice;
- carnation - 4 buds;
- bell pepper with garlic;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- vegetable oil;
- 6 tbsp. Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. salt;
- clean banks.
The amount of spices used can vary according to the taste preferences of the host who salted them and her family members.
Cooking tomatoes with cinnamon for the winter takes place in accordance with the following algorithm:
- Preparing jars with lids. The container must be rinsed with baking soda and sterilized for 5 - 7 minutes, then allowed to cool.
- Rinse the tomatoes in a bowl of water, remove the stalks, cut into quarters. It is preferable to use brown fruits, so such tomatoes will turn out to be denser and retain their shape.
- Put spices, onion rings and bell pepper on the bottom of the cans. Lay the tomatoes on top, place one more onion ring each, garlic cloves cut from above. The fruits are cut into slices before the start of conservation.
- The next step is to prepare the marinade. To do this, add granulated sugar, salt, ground cinnamon to the required amount of water. Everything needs to be stirred well until the lumps disappear completely. As a result, a uniform brown liquid should appear, which should be boiled for 5 minutes.
- The marinade is poured into jars, then the containers are covered with lids. Within 10 minutes, they settle, and then you need to drain the liquid into a saucepan and bring to a boil again.
- After re-filling, it is necessary to tighten the lids, turn the cans upside down and cover with a warm blanket until they cool completely. Do not sterilize.
Marinated tomatoes prepared in this way will become an adornment of any holiday and its real gastronomic highlight.